Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Criticism of Bush for Miers

Tons of articles today:  much of the right (including myself) is unhappy with this pick.  I oppose the Miers nomination.

CNN:  Bush:  Abortion not discussed with nominee
Barnett:  Cronyism
Bolton:  Soothing the seething right wing
Flynn:  An open letter to all conservatives
Bush Defends Supreme Court Pick
Malkin:  The Coffee-and-Donuts Supreme Court Nominee
George’s Friend Harriet:  What Supreme Court Politics of the 21st Century Have Come To
Jeffrey:  Why Should Conservative Senators Support Miers?
Goldberg:  SCOTUS Rumble
Will:  Miers is the wrong pick
Buchanan:  Miers’ Qualifications Are ‘Non-Existent’
Frum:  Oct 3, 2005:  Madame Justice
NR Editors:  The Miers Pick
AJC:  Bush base rattled by court pick

Also, let me clarify about the DeLay issue:  I was wrong, DeLay is not in trouble.  I was, however, correct in stating the reason for concern over DeLay.  DeLay has been indicted for violations of McCain-Feingold (as I said).  I was not aware that McCain-Feingold was not in effect during the 2002 election cycle, when DeLay participated in the activities that have led to his indictment.  The charges will be thrown out of court.

My pick for Thursday night’s game:

N.C. State at #24 Georgia Tech    

No comments: